As we progress into the middle of autumn and with that the middle of the academic semester, the stress levels are running high. With constant worrying about coursework and dissertations and how to manage your time, it’s all too easy to give in and be in a constant bad mood, lack creativity and motivation, and not appreciate the good things in your life.
So following in the footsteps of Georgia from Love On The Wall, I’ve decided to start noting down the little things that make me happy during the week, and hope that they inspire you or brighten your day too.
So without further ado,
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. My boyfriend who gets up with me at 6am every Wednesday and makes me breakfast and a cup of tea before my commute to university.
2. Warm coats and scarves which ensure my comfort in the chilly autumnal mornings.
3. My little guinea pigs who are finally getting used to us and have started to appreciate cuddles and petting.
4. Ghost trains. Whether you want to take a nap or get some studying done, there’s nothing better than having 4 seats and a table all to yourself in an empty train at 7 in the morning.
5. The Maze Runner. Hands down the best movie I’ve seen all year, if not longer. It had the perfect balance of mystery and intrigue, action and monsters, a talented cast AND no romance. Would most definitely recommend you to go see it.
6. Game of Thrones. Throw in a cup of hot chocolate, a duvet, and a boyfriend, and you’ve got yourself a warm and relaxing night in.
7. 3G. There’s just something so satisfying about being able to catch up on your emails on the go and not have to worry about them at home.
8. Bus tracker app letting me know exactly when my bus will arrive, rather than stressing about whether I might be late for my class or train.
9. Focused mood. I’ve been slacking for weeks so focus spurs are greatly appreciated.
10. Takeaways. Whether we use them or not (and usually it’s the former) it’s nice to know that a variety of takeaway restaurants are just across the road ready to be used on bad or busy days.
What had made you happy, or brightened your day recently?
○ Till next post ○
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)